pre paid credit cards

I don’t know what your situation is but I assume that you want to build credit so that you can eventually have an unsecured credit card.

If that is the case, why not simply bypass the pre-paid cards and start building up your credit now?

There are lots of outfits in which you can do this with.

You won’t get an unsecured VISA or MC unless you are willing to bend over and get the chorizo without any manteca.

But you can still build your credit so that you can eventually get that unsecured card.

Like, gas cards are the easiest to get for people with bad credit. However, you have to be sure that they do indeed report to the CRAs. I had a Texaco card and they never reported.

And there are plenty of mail order companies that report to the CRAs although you have to find one with a decent limit.

There are plenty of ways to build your credit without going through the pre-paid card route.