Sign in to follow this  
donnak

More Help with Son's Student Loans PLEASE...........

The Collection Agency is demanding tha son open a checking account so they may withdraw from that.

He is not allowed to have a checking account......due to lack of responsibility.

They said to have me have it drafted.....as if!!!!!

They do not want to send a payment booklet.......they want a checking account or they want to garnish.......

Now on the Garnishment.......He works as a waiter, how in the hell can they garnish if his checks are only in the single digits????

He checks look like he makes alot, but that is because they put 15% of his sells on the check for tax purposes.

The Collection Agency is demanding tha son open a checking account so they may withdraw from that.

He is not allowed to have a checking account......due to lack of responsibility.They said to have me have it drafted.....as if!!!!!

They do not want to send a payment booklet.......they want a checking account or they want to garnish.......

Now on the Garnishment.......He works as a waiter, how in the hell can they garnish if his checks are only in the single digits????

He checks look like he makes alot, but that is because they put 15% of his sells on the check for tax purposes.

The collection agency cannot demand a checking account. Simply tell them no.

Technically based on the wages you have posted, he doesnt earn enough to be garnished. Prior to forwarded an account onto an AWG unit, wages are suppose to be verified. Garnishment (went I was doing it) was calculated after taxes but before other deductions like 401 k, insurances etc. Then a poverty level base is subtracted. From there the garnishment, 10% is calculated.

Another key not on agencies collecting for the department of education. Agencies are graded on complaints.....too many and they loose business! Plus the collector and the manager have to do a written report on the complaint!!! Most collectors are only allowed 2 complaints per quarter ..more than that and they have to be removed from the client!!!!!!!