PLEASE HELP AM TRULY SCARED

Hello from Florida. I need some reinforcments as I just got off the telephone with a collection agency called....Calabria, DiNapoli, Gambino, Capone, & Lucazzi, also dba Bruno, De Mattia, Montesi & Capone (not making this up). Anyway, long story short, a plumber contracted a water extraction service to come to my business for a flood. The County is taking care of the bill and it was agreed upon by the company to wait until they submitted payment. Until they hired a bookkeeper that saw the bill as outstanding and hired the above DC while her boss was away. Anyway, I got a letter in the mail today and called them~a mistake I know, but I was offended that their letter said that the oc had contacted me several times and I didn't respond (untrue) and that the bill was suddenly $1300.00 up from the agreed upon $600. Talked to a Richard Bruno who said he'd do a conference call with the bookkeeper. The bookeeper informed me that the 600 was a valid amount only if paid in cash and paid the day I received the bill. Of course it says that NO WHERE in either the letter from office or bill. I found this all laughable until Bruno tells the bookeeper to get off the line and then let's me have it. This man swore at me, threatend me and shook me up like I have never been in my life. He told me that I am just like his ex-wife that he "threw out of the f**king house two months ago." , that the oc told him "f**k her let's sue her." That the judge won't believe my f**king excuses and sob stories and will through me out of the f**king courtroom" That "a police officer will enter my business and embarras the s**t out of me to serve me with papers" that I will be "sued through my godd**n business and personally." that I will "beg him for forgiveness for not listening to him when I try to get a loan for a f**king house or car because this will be on my f**king credit report for 20 years" etc, etc. Now I know that this is harassment and on another page I have a complaint filed with them through the BBB (no surprise they have others), and I am in no way a weak person like this man obviously thought I was, however I have to say that I am scared of this man. He knows where I live, where I work and what my phone numbers are. I called the OC and they said that they were very sorry that I had to went through that, they never said "f**k her let's sue her" I reminded the company again that I was the one that tried all the time to contact them re: their bill, that I never signed a work order or contract with them and did not hire them, but I would honor my agreement to pay them out of their settlement. Anyway, I guess my long story isn't short, but I just needed some input, reassurance, etc. regarding this. Thank you in advance,

Christine

Are we supposed to be impressed because they have mafia names?

Report them immediately to your state Attorney General. Let the big tough guy talk to Charlie Crist that way. Report them to the FTC as well.

Carbon copy the complaints to your State Representatives and demand they start taking the FDCPA and consumer protection laws more seriously in Florida. There should be no reason why it should be completely left up to us to pursue violations like that civilly.

Also file a complaint with the FCC for his abusive language over the phone.

get an account at www.tel-biz.com. Then call the bookeeper back and relate that you expect the county to pay them, is that not sufficient? Get your plumber on the line and have him recoount how he hired this company. See who else at the company ( who did you seak to before the bookeeper came on the scene? ) you can get to relate. Then call the mook ack, reiterate your understanding and tell him you dispute the debt and want it validated. Let him rant nad rave. Then tell him you think his conduct violates the FDCPA and you intend to sue him personally if he sues you. Let him answer it. You'll have it all on tape, can download it into your machine, send it as a wav file to the AG and FTC. Have some fun.

Unfortunately, you said this was related to a business debt, not consumer, the FDCPA does not apply and I think "Bruno" knew that. Because you called him I don't think you can fall back on the Telecommunications Act either.

I suggest you get on the phone with the county office that agreed to pay this bill and tell them that you are being harrassed by a collection agent because they haven't paid it yet. Get a letter from the official stating that they assume payment liability and send that to "bruno" and the rest of his mafia jerks. Also send the owner of the plumbing company a letter complaining about the book-keeper's failure to honor the agreement you had with his company that they would accept (and wait for) payment from the County.

Then call your business' attorney and see what pressure you can put on the plumbing company for breach of contract.

Thank you all for your posts. I am going to file complaints per your advice. The funniest (well not really) thing about it is that the bill that they sent me is not even 30 days old! They also hired an attorney to persue this whom I spoke to yesterday. Surprise, surprise, the company didn't even send him the correct bill. They corrected the bill because their first bill for 1300 stated that their water extraction equipment was in my business for 3 days. It was not in for more than 11 hours. The attorney did not know that they sent me a corrected bill and was trying to collect for the 1300. He then said "Well, uh will you pay the corrected bill?" This company is a scam. They also have complaints against them with the bbb. I don't understand how people can do business like this. Also I have to check my Dunn and Bradstreet because the "mafia" guy said they were reporting me. I bet they do and say it is for the original amount and date! Like I said I haven't even had the corrected bill for 30 days!