OC not doing what promised in letter.

NYMetsFan

I had two accounts with Citi, one that I settled for, and one that I paid in full. For a long time, Citi was reporting incorrect information on my CR, such as a balance owed and consecutive lates. They were not reporting the accounts as paid or settled. After writing a few letters, they agreed to update the two accounts, one to paid collection( yuck, but they reported the balance as 0$), and the other one to "settled in full," with adjustments to the balance on the account. However, the account they agreed to report as settled in full is now being reported as a CO. They still have not changed it. Their letter is dated July 16, 2004. How long after they agree to change how they report must they do so? Is there a specific time limit? If there is, and they have not done this as of yet, is it possible I can somehow leverage myself into getting the charge off removed? I have searched the boards but have come up empty. Thanks.

i'm sorry to hear that. I feel your pain because I am going through the same problems with citi. They are reporting one of my accounts as Charged off when it is not. I managed to get the accounts re-opened and I was even given automatic CLI on both accounts, but the mastercard account is still listing as charged off. I have disputed a billion times with Experian and I keep getting "previously investigated". I even tried having Citi fix it and supposedly they had sent updated information to the CRA's last month but it still says CO! on Experian. I even faxed letters with a copy of my credit report to citi's credit dispute department (two seperate areas) and it still hasn't been fixed. WTF!?!?! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Credit experts... do we have any leverage in this situation? I don't know if it is wise to threaten citi with a lawsuit and piss them off.. cause they did re-open both my accounts, but I just want them to remove the damn CO notation.

If you have a letter stating that they willr eport one way and they do not do so, it is a violation of the FCRA for reporting false information. Usually you let them have 30 days to correct it after you notify them, then threaten to sue for $1000 per credit report. Follow through with the suit if they don't comply with what they agreed to.