My DV Letter WORKED! 1 account gone!

lucyricardo

I just wanted to share this with you guys everyone keeps trying with DV. I sent a DV to Credit Protection Associates in Dallas, TX who claimed I owed for a bill in 2002. They kept verifying on EX & TU. I just got a letter which states:

"Dear Ms. __________,

In response to your prior correspondence, please be advised that CPA has closed its collection file and ceased collection efforts with respect to the foregoing account. Please be assured that this matter has been updated at the credit bureau(s) as account reported in error, please delete from credit file. Please allow 3-4 weeks before requesting a copy of your credit report.

Sincerely,

Executive Administrator

I'm so excited! I just checked and it's already off Experian but is still on TransUnion. Hopefully it will be coming off soon.

Congrats!! I'm dealing with them also. It's been 33 days since they signed for DV request. I received nothing from them. They didn't even mark as disputed on my cr's. Just waiting two more days to send them 2nd Dv with violations they did (they verified with CRA's). Hopefully I can get a boost also. Congrats again!!