WOO..FRIGGIN.....HOOOOOO

chesire17201

:D8-):D:D:D:D This is great, had two CA's with Debt recovery solutions for phone bills in my name that weren't mine, well i called and asked how these bills could be mine when i never lived at the address they claim the phone's were at, and they said i needed to provide proof of residence for the times of the bill, so i fax them a copy of my W-2 showing them that i never lived there and to day i called and they told me that both accounts were closed and they were sending the CRA's the updates as well as sending me the copy of the letter proving the are to be deleted from my reports.......i am so friggin happy, the cra's have miracaously "verified" these 2 accounts 3 different times, so now they will finally disappear.......wooooo hooooooo

The CRA's didn't verify the information - the CA did.

I would have laid the smackdown on the CA, but the end result is what you wanted so...

Congrats! :)%

Just as a pointer, it's not our responsibility to prove we owe or don't owe the debt. It is the CA's responsibility to provide the proof - that's the whole point of validation. Never send any personal information to a CA.

thats the crappy thing about it and why i had to send proof of residence for the time period, they responded to my DV with all the phone bills from sprint for that time :x , so i guess that could be considered verification, since most phone service is established via oral agreement, but all in all they are now history and they were some of the hardst ones to get rid of, man they were just hanging in there on my reports :evil: , but alas they should be gone now :D

You are correct - it would be considered "validation" in their eyes - for the same reason everything on their computer screen is right. These mental giants, creditors included, seem to believe that computers don't make mistakes - that they have some magical power that filters out the errors and only gives 100% accurate information. They forget the information has to be entered by somebody intially.

That's why I personally do not cut them any slack when they screw up and defend their errors.

But, the end result is what matters.