Sent out DV and Dispute letter today, Got ?

I sent out my DV, C&D and dispute letter today to a CA. I know the SOL is expired on this account, it was charged off by the OC summer of 1998. I have one CR that does list the DOLA as 8/1998 by the OC. It has later dates on different CR's. ALso on one report the CA lists DOLA as 9/1998. I live in Texas and the SOL is 4 years. So I know I have an absolute defense if they want to sue me. Now, while I am in dispute, if that DOLA changes then that is re-aging and is illegal right? I asked in my letter to only contact me by mail USPS, nothing else. If they keep calling me after I get my green card back, that is a violation correct? One thing I am confused about, are they supposed to delete the tradeline on the CR when investigating it or just show that it is currently being disputed? If it doesn't show as being disputed by me, is it the CA's fault or the CRA's fault? And if they don't, I can get them for that also? LOL! Just trying to add up how much I can sue them for. Max in Texas SMC is $5,000, maybe they will give me five violations :wink:

This forum has so much incredible information that my brain is overloading and I forget some of the finer points of the laws I have learned. Again, thank you to all the admins and moderators and the users who give so much of their time and knowledge, ya'll rule :p

I sent out my DV, C&D and dispute letter today to a CA. I know the SOL is expired on this account, it was charged off by the OC summer of 1998. I have one CR that does list the DOLA as 8/1998 by the OC. It has later dates on different CR's. ALso on one report the CA lists DOLA as 9/1998. I live in Texas and the SOL is 4 years. So I know I have an absolute defense if they want to sue me. Now, while I am in dispute, if that DOLA changes then that is re-aging and is illegal right?

Re-aging the DOLA is illegal whether you are disputing or not. Reporting incorrect info to the CRAs is a violation as well, so if they verify the incorrect DOLA, it's a violation.

I asked in my letter to only contact me by mail USPS, nothing else. If they keep calling me after I get my green card back, that is a violation correct?

© CEASING COMMUNICATION. If a consumer notifies a debt collector in writing that the consumer refuses to pay a debt or that the consumer wishes the debt collector to cease further communication with the consumer, the debt collector shall not communicate further with the consumer with respect to such debt, except --

(1) to advise the consumer that the debt collector's further efforts are being terminated;

(2) to notify the consumer that the debt collector or creditor may invoke specified remedies which are ordinarily invoked by such debt collector or creditor; or

(3) where applicable, to notify the consumer that the debt collector or creditor intends to invoke a specified remedy.

One thing I am confused about, are they supposed to delete the tradeline on the CR when investigating it or just show that it is currently being disputed? If it doesn't show as being disputed by me, is it the CA's fault or the CRA's fault? And if they don't, I can get them for that also?

It must be listed as "disputed". Usually it's the fault of the CA not informing the CRAs.

Thanks DocDon...your so nice... :D and I just found the link again that explains what you just listed. Sorry if I am such a DUH..but the information is overwhelming. I guess I will need to start printing off these great posts and links and keep a paper copy for future reference...maybe make a mini-law folder on credit repair :wink:

By the way DocDon, is your nick any reference to your real life occupation? Just wondering, I work in the medical field. 8)

I kept a lot of info in a binder when I started the credit journey (especially the FDCPA and FCRA) - made things a lot easier. Don't worry, before you know it, you'll be helping all your friends and family with their credit. :wink:

No, I got the nickname "Doctor" from the fire department - been stuck with it since. :D

Ah.. you are a firefighter? :D DUH! I just now really paid attention to the picture on your avatar. :oops:

My husband is a quasi-firefighter, he is a petroleum operator but is also certified to put out chemical and petroleum fires at the plants. He is on the emergency response team for all the plants along the Houston Ship channel. If one blows up, he responds. Very dangerous job, fighting fires! I have seen one too many burn victims come through the ER. I am glad I am in family practice now and not in trauma. Too depressing in trauma ER. No I am not a nurse, but a PA and no one ever knows what that is but if you do then KUDOS! Bless you for saving lives, you have my respect! xangelx

I'm on hiatus from the FD thing for a while. Need a stress break. :wink:

I still stop at accident scenes though - guess it's force of habit.

Trauma I don't mind. HazMat is another issue - thumbs up to your DH. :)% I did a report on the Mega Borg fire off the Galveston coast - that was enough to tell me to stay with structural firefighting. :)

I checked out the PA program at Midwestern in AZ when I was out there. Now that they want to move doctors into 'management' positions, PA may be the way to go if you want any kind of patient interaction. Kudos to you.

Speaking of Galveston, UTMB PA program in Galveston is where I graduated. Been doing this now for seven years and love it. Helping people is what it is all about. :D

Hope your stress levels abate. The very nature of your job will always have some level of stress, just like mine. There are days when I want to cry, explode and/or rip my hair out over some things. Esp. when I get a notice that one of my patients passed away (because they didn't take their meds like we told them too, or by some other means). But the positives of our jobs outweigh the negative. Always remember that you are needed in the community and much appreciated and respected. Always remember that! :BigDance:

KUDOS to you! Thanks for all your help, take it easy and keep on kicking butts and saving lives!

Yes, it is 63 x 78 and 2.6k file. I have it saved on ImageZs.com. It has a URL attached with it, but when I enter that into my profile and hit submit, it just refreshes the profile information and erases the URL I just typed in it, am I missing a step? :cry:

Well I did an experiment. I changed my password and it accepted that. It says your profile has been successfully edited. But when I try to enter a URL it won't except that and just refreshes the profile page. I also tried another URL avatar and still the same thing. Oh well, I am missing something, but do not know what? Or are some users blocked from using an avatar? :cool:

You can link directly to the site that holds your avatar. You just have to make sure it meets the size criteria otherwise it won't accept it.

I have Photoshop and can shrink the image to the right proportions if you want to try that. I'll PM you my email address.