asset acceptance

woodymania

i am totally new to this, but last friday asset acceptance calls me. tells me they have three accounts of mine. one that was opened on 07/94 and they show no payments, two that the last payment they show is 09/95. they want to settle for 4,800.00 and they have called every day since. i asked them why it took 10 years to contact me. none of these are on my credit report nor have they ever been. i live in the state of missouri and told her i was not going to worry about these the sol was up and she starts telling me about how that starts over every time the account is purchased by a different company. she said she ran my credit while she was talking to me and i had great credit, can she run my credit? this is all so strange, i have never had anything like this happen, i have no idea what to do.

The SOL does not start over when somebody else buys the debt. Immediately report them to the FTC and the Michigan Attorney General.

The SOL for Missouri is 5 years. They are aware of that - therefore, I would argue they do not have permissible purpose to pull your credit, or place any negative information on your credit reports.

This behavior has to stop, and only that's going to happen is if we continue to badger government agencies and our legislators.

SOL is your unarguable defense. They can't make you pay, even if they sue you. The SOL has expired. Period.

Asset is a group of investors looking to make a ton of money off people who don't know their rights. They buy old, expired debts for pennies and come after people for thousands.

If they call back, tell the the statue of limitations has expired, they are not to call any more, and the matter has been forwarded to the Federal Trade Commission and Attorney General Mike Cox (Michigan).

Follow up by filing your complaints. You can file the complaints online.

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

https://www.ag.state.mi.us/cp_division/w3cp_c01_new.asp