Questions regarding repeating Tradelines

kbean

I am wondering something here:

Can SBC (phone company) list a tradeline in addition to their CA? I just pulled a report and there is a TL for SBC and another for CFC. Is this okay? I thought that only the CA could list on your credit report for utilities...

Also, I see that a student loan is being reported twice by Experian and TU... Is this affecting score?

Lastly, I see that First USA has a TL listed with all three, even though they sold this account to Asset Acceptance. It's been paid to AA, and First USA notes that there is a zero balance on their Tradeline but it does not indicate that it is PAID ( I understand that this is the OC and that they can certainly list a TL after charge off, BUT: there is a second tradeline from First USA on Transunion report that doesn't even have a partial acct. number (according to privacy guard) and the "open date" is not correct, it indicates the open date that Asset Acceptance reports in their tradeline. The account was actually opened 5/98 and this second tradeline reports 10/02 which is when AA opened the account.

Suggestions?

I am wondering something here:

Can SBC (phone company) list a tradeline in addition to their CA? I just pulled a report and there is a TL for SBC and another for CFC. Is this okay? I thought that only the CA could list on your credit report for utilities...

Last I remember, it's been determined that utilities can report, as can their contracted third-party collectors. SBC is notorious for reporting to the CRAs (most utilities won't).

Also, I see that a student loan is being reported twice by Experian and TU... Is this affecting score?

If it's negative or has a high balance to loan amount it will.

Lastly, I see that First USA has a TL listed with all three, even though they sold this account to Asset Acceptance. It's been paid to AA, and First USA notes that there is a zero balance on their Tradeline but it does not indicate that it is PAID ( I understand that this is the OC and that they can certainly list a TL after charge off, BUT: there is a second tradeline from First USA on Transunion report that doesn't even have a partial acct. number (according to privacy guard) and the "open date" is not correct, it indicates the open date that Asset Acceptance reports in their tradeline. The account was actually opened 5/98 and this second tradeline reports 10/02 which is when AA opened the account.

Suggestions?

A $0 balance indicates the account is paid. They are, however, reporting incorrect information on TU in violation of the FCRA section 623 that you can use as leverage to get them removed. It's probably not worth $1,000 for them to argue with you.