"Agreement to be deleted upon receipt of payment"

CLM

OK, I feel like I'm at a stand still. I've had a few accounts removed through the DV process. Now I'm looking to attack the paid charge-offs. I think the route to go is to write the OC or CA and dispute the item based on a previous agreement to have the account removed upon receipt of payment? If this is correct, does anyone have a sample letter I can use for this purpose?

Thanks!

There's no guarantee, but you can sure try it - it's worked for some people on here!

I don't have a sample letter, really, but, with OCs, all you need to do is be semi nice about it (I've found sugar usually works better than threats). Just say you dealt with a CSR from xx/xx/xxxx to xx/xx/xxxx and they helped you work out a plan where you would pay off the debt in full (or settled, whatever it was), and in return, because of your situation, it would be submitted to the credit reporting agencies to remove all marks from your file.

Make up a story...say you waited for such-and-such amount of time and when it wasn't removed, you called CSR and they said it was overlooked and would be submitted....yadda yadda. Just be creative (but realistic).

Tell them you're disappointed in their company since you made every effort to take care of the debt and they haven't held up to their end of the bargain. :lol: (A little whining is always nice to add in)

I would send it to heads of departments, CEOs, etc....don't just use normal CSRs - they won't care. Send an email via PFB, too.

What OCs are you dealing with, may I ask? I may have some good email addies for you.

With the paid CAs....you can use DV method anyway. Since they already have your money, they're usually more likely to take it off your reports than to mess with a law-spouting lunatic.

Say you assumed the account was yours, but in researching, found out you don't recall ever having such a delinquent account. Tell them it's been paid but you don't care about the money. Say you either want FULL validation, including signatures, statements, etc OR you want them to delete it off your report (I had a few removed this way - works like a charm). You can add in laws, any violations they may have had, etc. The more ammo, the better.

But remember, try to keep a level head about it and stay more on the 'concerned nice guy/gal' side than the 'I'm gonna eat you for lunch' side. :wink: