No validation, but Collection efforts continue

CLM

I've been disputing an account with Verizon for the last 60 days. When I was first contacted, I told them this was not my debt. I was told they had checks and another documentation that would prove I was the owner. I wrote them a letter asking them to provide me with this proof. They never sent anything. I then disputed it with the CRA. After 30 days it came back as verified. I recently received a call from a representative from KCA Financial. A company based in GENEVA, IL. The lady said she was calling from a legal firm and wanted me to verify information they had pertaining to this debt. Once again, I was caugt off guard and before I came to my senses I had already verified my address. I told her that I've already disputed this account with Verizon and CRAs as not mine. She said they were set to take legal action If I didn't submitt payment in full. I told her I was protected by the FCRA and FDCPA and I am once again requesting proof that I am the owner of the debt and would follow it up by sending a letter. I told her that I no longer wished to discuss this matter over the telephone and all future communication should be done via mail. She said that wouldn't happen and they would now move forward with legal action. KCA IS a collection agency not a law firm. While the debt is still being reported by Verizon on my CR, should I DV KCA now? Or wait until it is reported to the CRAs by KCA? Or should I file a report with my State Attorney General. Any advice. This thing has been a true thorn in my side.

You should hold off to see if KCA sends you a demand letter. Then DV them. Alternatively, you could get their address and send them a C&D letter.

I assume you sent the letter to Verizon CMRRR and you have a green card or other proof that says you sent it/they got it.

I might also consider an account with www.tel-biz.com or another data center, so you can call KCA back, record the mesage, and get them to reiterate their empty threats on the phone. Just make sure you and they are in 1-party states ( see Resources). This way, you will have solid evidence of their violations.

Yo might also want to write Verizon and ask them for a copy of your account and a copy of all collection activity they have taken on your account, to see what they say.