DV letter sent/Midland contacted HELP!!

I sent a DV letter to MIDLAND

And these fools sent me this:

"The purpose of this letter is to request your assistance so that we may reach a quick resolution to your dispute."

"We are attempting to verify your dispute and it would be helpful to have a copy of any documentation you may have that proves your dispute. In the interim, we have requested that the three major consumer credit reporting agencies change the status of this account to "Disputed."

"Please mail or fax cancelled checks, paid letters, police reports, or any other documentation you may have to support your claim

"Your credit report will not be updated if the federal reporting period has expired"

I cannot beleive these fools sent me this.

These are my questions to the forum:

What does the last sentence mean?

What type of letter should I send them back?

There are new notice responsibilites on the FCRA. Creditors and CAs are just getting around to it now. That last sentence probably is a cover to teh requirement that they have to tell you before adverse info is put on your CR

Send them a note back reminding them that it is their job to validate the debt. Cite the Wollman FTC letter and Coppola vs. Arrow.

Tell them you consider their refusal to validate, coupled with their continuing to report this item at all in the face of a DV, as a violation of the FDCPA. Tell them you find it violative of the FCRA, as they are reporting information they know or have reason to know is inaccurate.

Tell them to validate but otherwise remove the item from your CR while they do. CC the FTC and teh AG in your state. Tell them you will sue if they do not remove adn advise you of the same within 30 days.