CAP 1 offers platinum card

Cap one sent me an approval for a platimum card...thing is I have a charged off account with them from 4 years ago. Also they have been recently trying to get me to a new card for the charged off balance, which I refused. This new offer does not mention the old account at all. Does anyone know why they would be offering me another card???

I'd be really careful as they may try and stick the old balance on it. On the other hand they may not, but I would suspect a $200-$300 CL. Platinum card used to mean a minimum $5000 CL, but today it is no better than anything else.

It could also be one of those pre - approved offers and once they actually pull your credit they may simply declie you.

By the by my wife received an offer for the new card old balance deal. I actually took it for her and have been pleased. It did two things:

#1 Allowed her a vehicle to pay off a legitimate debt at no interest

#2 Gave her a positive TL

This deal may not be right for everybody and the old TL shows up as paid CO, but only after 6 months I was able to get EX to remove it as they did not verify. Maybe a gift for making it right??

Yeah i would be careful since they could throw the balance on the card. Overall i havent had any major problems with capital one but i dont like the way they report to the agencies.

Also it seems that they have outsourced many of their call center jobs to india. Their philosophy is why would they pay someone in the us around 25-30 thousand when they can pay someone in india for 4000 a year.