what should I do on this one?

schellmis63

I have a FH account that turned into a charge off. This account has gone to a few CA's. However, in the process of doing so, I have been paying directly to the OC. Ofcourse this account has not been updated/balance and still shows a charge off. The only time the amount gets updated is when I dispute it with the CRA's. Now this account is with a new CA and they called me on the phone. I informed them that I have been making payments to them. I informed him to check his payment history, he admited to me that they do not have any payment history. Well, now i look on my CRA's the amount has been changed and I believe it to be current. What do I do? Who should I keep paying? Validate who? Try to get it removed. That is what I would like to do.

1. I didn't see any responses; so, I wanted this post bumped back up to the top.

And,

2. The account was charged-off, and you're paying the original creditor?!? Why? Did you make an arrangement with them?

IMHO, I would always prefer to pay the OC rather than a CA.

I just can't imagine paying towards a charged-off account unless the OC agreed to fix your credit listing. :?