Jump to content

medical collection


Recommended Posts

I have been lucky with medical accounts by doing the following.

1. Pay the hospital or Doctor

2. Send DV to CA

3. Send Dispute to CB after CA receives DV

The CA will not validate the debt and they will verify inacurate info (you paid the OC).

Two violations

1. Continued Collection Activity

2. Reporting False Information

This has worked for me but that does not mean that it will work for you. And I am assuming that you owe the debt. If you do not owe the debt then send the DV/ITS and DO follow through with the ITS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you left out a lot of the story tell us the rest of the story..

so you dv the ca and cra.. I DV the CA and Dispute the CRA

they validate any way.. YES

so do you send then a demand to remove with a copy of the check?

or what do you do ...In my DV request I tell the CA to Validate or I will Sue ( I live in Texas they Have 30 days)

how do you get them to remove it from you cr...??/

take them to court...??? I filed two suits......One settled $1000.00 plus removal........Still waiting on second one to answer suit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To Whom It May Concern:

During a standard review of my credit report I was made aware of you reporting a $75.00 collection account on my Equifax credit report. Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Texas Finance Code, I have the right to request validation of the debt you say I owe you. This is not a refusal to pay a debt, but a notice that your claim is disputed in its entirety. I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt. Please attach copies of:

• Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt

• Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he/she agreed to pay the creditor.

• Any insurance claims been made by any creditor regarding this account

• Any judgments been obtained by any creditor regarding this account

• A full accounting of the alleged debt.

Please do not mistake me as the average consumer. Your failure to respond as required by law will result in a lawsuit filed by me against your company.

Best regards,


My Name

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I would contact the doctor's office, give them a sob story as to why the bill was neglected, pay them and ask them to have CSC remove it from your report. Tell them CSC will do this if teh Dr asks them to. You are seeking their goodwill. Use that word, MD's hate to lose their goodwill. Put the request in writing. Follow up with phone calls. CC the CA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.