In way over our heads with no options?

inwayoverourheads

there are other legitimate ways to get free credit reports. I hope those who are in the know about that will post here.

just from my experience the other day, when i was attempting to BUY TU reports, i went thru their automatic phone system, chose the option to buy a report, it asked me the usual questions, then said thankyou, your order has gone thru, expect your CR in 7 to 10 days. it never asked me for payment information!!!! if the order really did go thru and i get my CR i'll let y'all know.

my CR came, it was free!!

and as to the 'enablers' i had a great life lesson taught to me by my parents, my older sister got helped and helped by my parents, she would get in money trouble, they would bail her out, over and over, she ended up in money trouble for years and years. when it came to be my turn to 'leave the nest' i refused all offers of help from my parents, i wanted to do it myself! bought my first car at 15 and my first house at the grand old age of 18!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we're still discussing it. Hubby wants me to take more classes (to finish sooner) and wants to get a second job at night himself. I have no idea how it's going to work we're so stressed out over everything as it is - all this is going to do is add more stress. He says our only chance of having a better life is me finishing school. For me to quit or go part-time and work at some cheap hourly rate job just doesn't make sense and won't get us anywhere. I can finish in 4 years if I go up to 5 classes (taking 4 now) and I'm going to take at least one class over the summer. As for my parents, they still haven't made an effort to remove my name so I have no idea... For the time being, I'm not paying them.

You getting a part time job or him getting a part time job is not going to be for nothing. I will give you some extra income that you can apply to these bills and start paying them off.

I went back to school myself and I didn't have the chance to do it full time. I had to work full time + and take night classes (2 a semester and 2 during the summer). It was really hard and I am still working on it , I took two years off of work and school to stay home with our daughter, but come Jan. I back on with work and school. I know it is going to be really hard with the extra job of a child but that is what I have to do and it will take longer but so what, im not going anywhere and even though i won't have my degree for a few more years, I will be getting something school DOESN'T give anyone - experience and a pay check.

But you know everyone has to do things there way - I just thought I would add that even a small job will add extra income and give you soem breathing room.