Repo Law/SOL

In Kentucky they clasify a mobile home the same as a motor vehicle. I had a mobile home repossessed, DOLA 11/02. Resold with balance of $21,000. Does the SOL apply toward the motor vehicle aspect or the contract signed for mobile homes if they seek payment for difference? SOL in Kentucky is from here to eternity!!!!

• 1 month later...

I now have Greentree calling since there is a balance due from the resell of the home. My question is the original lender was Conseco which sold mobile home division to Greentree (I believe sometime in 2003). The home was auctioned (do not know when), never was notified of resell or offered redemption. I would like to pay the difference but right now I am paying off some other debts for when I was out of work. Would it be better for me to deal now with Greentree in requesting validation of debt to see if orginal contract was turned over to them from Conseco or would it be better to wait until they sell the debt and deal with a CA? I need some extra time. Also at the time the home was repossessed I had moved from Kentucky and had sold the home under a contract for deed which was defauled on. The home was resold to Greentree while I was living in Florida if that makes any difference.

Some states have a deadline on pursueing deficiency balances. In Oregon it was 180 days. If not sued within that time frame they are out of luck. They had to send a ten day redemsion letter and allow you ten days to redeem the vehicle, and also a letter after sale.