payment to oc , think ca will still try to collect?

CW

I spoke with an original creditor on an issue, small amount of 40 dollars

I told her I wanted to pay but since the account was with northshore collections i was afraid after paying NS would still try to collect

She told me they would send a letter saying account paid in full

would that be enough to call off northshore and make them delete?

Originally I sent a letter to the oc about pay for deletion and state no furthr collection activity and removal of any cra info relating to this account... they must have forwarded it straight to NS caused they sent another letter to try and collect.

should I pay and use the receipt letter from oc? any thoughts as to proceedings?

Are they willing to put that on paper? cuz it won't matter if it's not written.

You can also always write a letter to the person you spoke with saying per our conversation on ... it was agreed that..., and you have the authority to... etc

Also you can write to the CA stating a cease and desist as you are and will only deal with the OC on this account.

You could compose a letter to the OC that you have no trust in their assignee and will deal only with them to satisfy the debt. Or, that their assignee has violated your rights in their attempts. By accepting this offer, they agree to recall from the CA and assure all negative info is deleted. Most important is you will add the statement that OC's in many states can be held liable for the actions of their assignee. This is not a guarantee, but, has worked for some in the past. Many OC's do not realize they can be held liable, so, by your educating them, they will cede and recall the debt.

thanks for the help, I spoke with the original creditor, they were willing to take the original charges which were less then the ca charges. just a few dollars. but I told them that the collector could still try to collect and with out there signature I could not fight it. It did no good since a paid collection is as bad as a non paid one. I will send another letter stating the same as retmar indicated. I'll post the outcome for future strategic purposes. Thanks to all again and keep the fight up