rec'd validation-next step to settle?

Well I rec'd what I think is validation. The CA sent probably 20 statements (which if I am reading correctly is not neccesarily validation) but they also included the original acceptance form with signature-- so that would be validation. They did not answer all of my other requests such as licensing, SOL, etc-- but am I correct in that since they have the signature they have validated? If yes-- I should try to reach the OC and settle??? Does the fact that they validated make it more difficult to settle? Thanks for the input!!!

There is no such thing as “partial” validation.

Just like there is no such thing as being “partially” pregnant. Either you are pregnant or you are not.

The same goes with validation.

So they have a contract bearing your signature. So what.

You can continue to keep pressing on the licensing, SOL, and other questions. Hammer them on the following:

• Documentation verifying that I did in fact have an outstanding balance from this account.

• An explanation on how a calculation was made on what I purportedly owed.

• An explanation of the procedures used to inform me of such an outstanding balance.

There are so many different angles to keep plugging away other than a signature.

So when they reply with thier validation, they MUST respond with ALL of the things you requested for it to be valid??

I don't think that is what Ravenous is saying. Just because you send them a list of things and they don't respond to every single one doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't properly validated to you. However, from what I'm hearing here, they do have to prove that they are legally able to collect the debt in terms of licensing and SOL, and that you truly are the debtor not just handing you a printout of your statements. I would think that if they can produce a contract with your signature they've gone a long way to validating the debt. They just have to prove the other pieces.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Nitro

One of the biggest tools that a collector has is intimidation.

They can intimidate any debtor by taking the original balance of a debt and grossly inflate it to an astronomical amount. And then use that bogus amount as leverage to force some kind of settlement out of you even though the amount that they claim that you owe is totally false.

In the past, collectors would tell me that that they have 4k debt that I owe.

The original amount was 1k. But after all the outrageous fees, charges, and penalties, a collector would insist that the amount is now 4k. And then they would try to force a settlement out of me for 2k and even try to make it sound like they were making me the deal of a lifetime.

Well, their entire settlement offer was [EXPLETIVE DELETED].

They and others were making a fortune by find poor souls to pay such inflated and outrageous amounts.

That is why it is vitally important to contest EVERY single aspect of a debt.

So they have a contract. Well, they are still obligated to show you that you do indeed have an outstanding balance with them and how they calculated that balance.

And the Wollman FTC opinion letters clearly shows that a computer printout is bogus.

Any collector can throw some numbers together and claim that you owe that amount.

In addition, they still have to be within the law to collect that debt from you, such as licensing requirements, SOL, etc.

There is no a partial validation. Either they prove that you owe this debt or they cannot prove it.

It is just like I explained about pregnancy. Either you are pregnant or you are not. No one is partially pregnant.