Disputed with TU, they verified and reaged acct, score tanke

MeanWS6

When they placed the current date, it reflects the date the reporting party verfied the information is correct. It is not reaging. As to the score, you need to remember your score fluctuates every day. Any time there is "action" on your file, your score will move. Since you had 2 recent deletions, this may be the cause along with the update on the other. Not being a pro on scoring, I will admit that 30 points is alot for what has occurred. Let this sit and see what some of the others have to say.

first of all, i think the date you're referring to is the dola, date of last activity, and possibly the cra verifing the account may be considered "last activity." If you are very concerned, call them and ask them when its scheduled to fall off. If the dates don't match up, then be concerned.

In terms of the score... If the derogs that were deleted were super old, it could be that they were doing more for your score than you might realize. You should check in the resources forum, there is a link that discusses why your score does the weird things that it does.

Once you understand what influences your score (tenure, utilization...)

you may have some more insight into how your score dropped.

Sorry guys, but the OP is absolutely right. If the TL hasn't been updated for quite some time and you dispute....guess what? Tanked score if it comes back verified just because the status date is now recent.

It's not fair and it shouldn't play any role, but the fact is that it does. I've got one OC (a charge off in 2000) who is updating my TL monthly just to be punitive.