Pay for delete questions?

MeanWS6

Last year I paid off all three of the accounts that were in collections, the rep said they would update my credit accordingly. Not knowing any better, I paid and they simply updated the TL as Paid Collection. (It was verbal also – I know, I know) I was under the impression that they would drop them from my CR.

I read about using pay for delete, but should I send the letter to the collection agency or to the CRA.

Any good success with pay for deletes? Sample letters?

Dispute as "CW" mentioned. Or, you can send a letter to the CA that states you were under the impression that if you paid, they would delete. If you still have the name of the rep or any other item that may prove, include copies or reference, such as, "On 10/11/2003, I spoke to "ADUB" and they promised me that if I paid the whole amount, they would delete the information from my CR. I held my part of the agreement, and I do hope that you are a professional business and honor this agreement." You can use what ever wording you want.