Disputes?

krisb74

I want to make sure I understand this correctly, I disputed some items on my credit reports. Some have been deleted, the others are still listed as pending. So what happens, is if the company to which I disputed doesn't respond it must be deleted from my report? And they have the 30 days to do so correct? Thanks in advance, I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out!

I want to make sure I understand this correctly, I disputed some items on my credit reports. Some have been deleted, the others are still listed as pending. So what happens, is if the company to which I disputed doesn't respond it must be deleted from my report? And they have the 30 days to do so correct? Thanks in advance, I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out!

Since some say pending, it means they(CRAs) have not completed the dispute process and are waiting to hear back from the creditor. Yes give the CRA 30 days to complete the dispute process. Then give then an additional 5 days to send your their response/results. So if 35 days after they recieved your letter, you've not hear from them, you can follow up with it's been 35 days.... you had 30 days to validate and get back to me, since you failed, by law delete the TL (list the items), etc. There is a sample letter in the sample letters section on this site.

And don't be bashful about getting on the horn and asking the CRAs the status of the investigations.

They can tell you right away if the investigation is complete or not and which day it began (thus while you are on the phone with them, you can deduce how many days they have left or if they have gone over their time limit).

And don't be bashful about getting on the horn and asking the CRAs the status of the investigations.

They can tell you right away if the investigation is complete or not and which day it began (thus while you are on the phone with them, you can deduce how many days they have left or if they have gone over their time limit).

by communicated with them, doesn't that give them an extra 15 days? :?

All you are doing is asking about the status of the investigation.

If you "add" another dispute, that will jack you. Or add something to extend it (which at times is tempting since you are on the horn with them).

In fact, often times, CRA reps will tell you NOT to add another dispute because that will greatly extend the investigation time that is already in progress.