a good idea?

anti-something

I would say no, aren't you giving them the chance to validate (say for accuracy purposes) before you dispute? So by the time you do, the CRAs can come back with creditor just verified, so TL is staying.

If you have them(CA) in a DV corner, and you dispute with the CRAs about it, the CA cannot validate (by law they shouldn't) until they validate to you. If they validate to CRAs while in DV corner with you, they just violated the law and you can sue!

Since they cannot validate to CRAs while in DV corner, you have a very good chance of getting the TL removed. If by chance CRA says we validated and they said yes, then you have them both at breaking the law!!! :wink:

they've had since feb to validate, they cant coz of the pure and simple reason the debt is bogus. i was getting the 5 days from the tx law that says if they cant validate they have 5 days to fix it.

should i do it the other way around, dispute, let em update then send the ITS?

In that case, send the ITS, don't mention you are going to dispute with the CRAs, just list the laws, what they violated, send copies of your numerous letters and the green cards. Make sure you mention the estimated amount ($1000, you can add stress, damage to CR, give them 5 days to remove or you will see them in court).

This should get thier attention :wink: but if not, go to small claims and file.

There is a sample letter on this site to help, go get em :)% !

Still dispute this account with the CRAs.

I totally agree with gprncss. Do not give them any type of "Head's Up" on your intentions. Compose your letter as was mentioned and let it go at that for now. Wait for the timeframe you gave them to pass, including snail mail, then do the dispute. By then, you will have sufficient violations to pursue further.