CRA Didn't Respond to Procedure Request

sportparks

I sent two DV letters to CA and they never responded. After each time I sent letter to CRA stating that CA failed to validate the debt. Both times CRAresponded back as item was verified.

Then sent final notice to CRA (certified) requesting procedure of verification (understand they have to respond within 15 days) and notice of intent to sue. It's now been close to 30 days and they have never responded.

Since they did not repond in the 15 day period, does that add to my legal ability to sue CRA for damages? Under what statue? Thanks

The are probably running your procedure request through as a "reinvestigation"; which is their typical BS way of skirting the issue. They just claim a processing monkey interpreted the letter wrong and it was an honest mistake.

So do as Recovering Attorney said but I would add a copy of a filled out small-claims court complaint, ready to file...so they know you mean business.

Time to sue the hell out of them my friend, I am just a couple steps ahead of you in my state. The first thing you need to do is go down to your local court house and pick up a small claims packet. I was lucky and my state just let's you down load the packet right from the courts web site, one of these two things should work for you.

The small claims packet should come with instructions, at least it does in my state. The packet is very self explanatory so it should not be hard to fill out.

Another thing you need to find out is if you need to serve the registered agent for the CRA you are going to sue. Your local goverment offices should have all that information on who is the registered agent for the CRA in your state.

And last but not least I would get a sample of a similair small claims suit and take a look at it. Pay attention to the verbage and details that will need to be included.

Remeber, small claims is designed to be a more friendly court for the pro se person.

Good Luck and don't give upthe fight......