CRA verfied questionable account in 5 days?

hlc2412

I have a Crapital One account that I am disputing. Curiously Equifax managed to verify the account as mine and get a letter to me within 5 days from my dispute.

The reason I question it is account activity on a card well into 2004. I haven't had but one that I used at all in '04. This is not the card I used. Also the credit limit is questionable?

I now wonder if this is a case of identity theft or just the CA's mistake and the fact nothing was verfied with anyone. (except that the record is on Equifax's database) What can I do now? I certainly can't send more disputes to Eqifax when it just falls on deaf ears.

Thanks for any help!

I agree,

your next step in your stratagy is to send a procedural request letter to the CRA. Make sure you send it certified with signature confirmation. let me tell you from experience, you may find yourself having to take it all the way to court.

If the CRA does not have a response to your procedural in your hand within 15 days then they must delete the trade line completly. Now this is where I ran into my problems. 15 days came and went without any response to my procedural. When I checked my credit report a month later the trade line was still there.

I sent a total of three letters to the CRA after the original procedural request and one ITS. After the ITS is sent and they still don't respond it is time to sue thier asses.

I just wanted to give you a heads up on where you might end up with your particular case.