Who ARE These People!

SoFaithful

What ARE Unipac and Nelnet?

Is Unipac and Nelnet the same entity?

What is KHEAA (Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority)?

I have received correspondence from all three reguarding (perhaps) the same loan(s). They are federal loans. I went to www.nslds.ed.gov to find out who exactly is holding my loan(s) and how much I owe, but the site wouldn't let me go farther than entering my pin number.

The letter from KHEAA in short read:

The above lender/servicer (Nelnet) has notified this agency that your account is 60 days delinquent. If you have forgotten to make a payment, please do so immediately. If you have problems meeting your repayment schedule, call your lender and explain your circumstances. Fortunately, you still have time to prevent your loan from entering default status.

Signed,

KHEAA Default Aversion Section

So do you think KHEAA is a collection agency or a part of Nelnet? I am SSOOOO freaked out!

Are you behind on payments???? Have you just recently caught up on payments?? KHEAA default aversion was just dropping you a customer service note on behalf of Nelnet. An ex coworker of mine works in default aversion at South West Student Services in AZ. They spend all day making courtsey calls to borrowers who are behind on their payments but not at the default stage. Since it takes 225 days to default, they generally start calling at day 61.

Are you behind on payments???? Have you just recently caught up on payments?? KHEAA default aversion was just dropping you a customer service note on behalf of Nelnet. An ex coworker of mine works in default aversion at South West Student Services in AZ. They spend all day making courtsey calls to borrowers who are behind on their payments but not at the default stage. Since it takes 225 days to default, they generally start calling at day 61.

Thank you all SSOOO much for responding!

I thought my loan with them was paid off. To make a very long story short, what I think happen is that I may have had two loans sold to them.

One, I think, is paid off and the other is what they are contacting me about. I'm trying to find out as much about my loans as possible before I call them, so that I'm not totally in the dark.

This is interesting ... A few weeks ago Nelnet send me a bill stating that I'm 5 months behind.

Just opened today's mail.... Nelnet says that my loan is now in deferment until 2006!

Could this be because I'm in school and my expected date of graduation is in 2006?

I know kheaa contacted my school's financial aid office, asking them to ask me to contact nelnet.

I'll still, of course, contact them this week to try and hunt down the loan that may be paid off and find out what's going on.

Any advice or comments before I do so?