Old Phone Bill in collections. What to do??

nomocash

I have CA (Park Dansan) now on my Credit report for a 2003 MCI bill that was a slamming problem. I signed up for the cheap plan and they gave me the expensive plan ($80/mo). Now they tacked %35 onto the bill and Park Dansan has it. I have moved since and not recieved any notices or bills. MCI won't(can't) take any money. I know that I do not and should not deal with the CA.

Where to go from here??? I called the CA and they are sending me a letter. The bill is now $200, and dinging my credit report.

TIA!

NoMoCash

so what happened with MCI? did they ever admit to the slamming and say you didnt have to pay? have you contacted them recently asking for account details?

and you say 'not mine' just like you did here, it was slamming, slamming is illegal and if anyone wants you to pay for their illegal actions you will have no choice but to sue them.

i would now enter complaints against MCI (they have a history of doing such things) with the FCC, the FTC, your AG, the BBB and for good measure write a congressman too. get it all documented that this is not your bill.

• 4 months later...