I hate GMAC !!!!!!!!!!!

Mack D

I have been trying to get some lates removed from my credit report regarding these jerks. I have disputed w/CRA's and sent a goodwill letter to GMAC with no response. I then hired an attorney to help get these lates off my credit. He contacted the attorney for GMAC and they did an investigation in the lates, which are accurate by the way, and GMAC marked "information disputed by consumer" on all three CRA's. Well today I get a letter from GMAC stating that the information they are reporting is accurate and can not remove any of my late payments as they rely on the integrity of accurate info.

Anyway my credit attorney said he could suppress the trade line for 30 days but I want it off alltogether. I will have to wait 5 years for this negative info to fall off.

Anyone have any other suggestions or experience?

Thanks

Mack

My attorney sent the letter to GMAC's attorney. Then my attorney and I received a letter from:

Julie Weeks

Executive Customer Relations

GMAC Financial Services

Executive Office

PO box 5008

Troy MI 48007-5008

Phone 800-441-9234

Please let me know how your goodwill letter turned out.

Thanks

Mack

• 2 weeks later...

NO LUCK AT ALL... I got a generic form letter stating that to delete wouldn't be accurate information. I did send one to another company at the same time. I got lucky and they took off a 30 day late comment. GMAC is another thing all together.. I guess I am going to send the letter to different people within the co in hopes of getting lucky. I have a feeling though, they will be real tough.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark D., I just have some FYI about GMAC. GMAC, should show up as HHLD which is Household Bank, now HSBC Group. If contacting the legal department, you would want to contact someone in Chicago, IL they may refer you to someone in a suburb of Chicago. It is very difficult to have any lates removed from the CB because of the way that Household/HSBC keeps their records. Their records are usually very accurate and they only report 30 days late when the account has actually done 60 days from it's printing date. There is a way that they can remove the 30 days late, you would need to contact just a regular old customer service supervisor and be able to explain for each one of the 30 day lates why it is inaccurate or wasn't your fault. The person may still not be willing to take off the 30 day lates, but this is about the only way you could get some of them off. If the lates on this card are effecting your credit to the point where you would be willing to delete the tradeline, it would only take 2 years. From the date of last activity when the account is closed, Household / HSBC would only obtain their records for 2 years. At that point you could simply dispute it and the record would be gone from their system, thus it will be deleted. I wish I had better information to help you. Good luck!

Wow, you really hired an attorney to get some lates off which you knew were valid? GMAC is entirely within their rights to keep the lates on if they're accurate. A bitter pill to swallow, I know. You'll have to rely entirely on their goodwill. Send them a new goodwill letter every six months or so, perhaps to a different person each time, and you might get lucky. Verizon Wireless is another one who absolutely refuses to remove lates. However, they considered 15 days past the due date the same as a 30-day late. I was getting ready to do battle with them about that when my tradeline with the three CRAs suddenly disappeared entirely. Didn't have anything to do with my disputing their "late" policy, though. They had switched to a new system where they now only report tradelines that are seriously in default.

You can try to dispute the tradelines with the CRAs, but be careful. If you need the tradeline (other than the lates, of course) you run the risk that it will be deleted altogether.

I disputed GMAC with 2 of the CRA's... I hadn't gotten the chance to do so with EX.. well, I looked today and they have all been deleted. So, yes disputing it as late can get it deleted. But, I had enough lates to make it a bad tradeline all together. So, that was definitely GOOD for me. I hated to not get them revised.. but can't be greedy.. I was at fault. Also, I was going to ask Mack, how long has it been since you had this loan? I paid my loan off in 2000... so its been almost 5 years.