Silly Question

disney

I have a silly question. I have some debt $5,000 that I have settled down to the amount of $2,913 with the various companies. I just refinanced my home so I have enough to pay it all but I am wondering what is the best way to handle this. I was considering just paying them the settlement amount so that I can get this over with or contacting CCCS to see what they can do for me. I am wondering if anyone has any past experience in dealing with CCCS or should I just pay them. The deadline that I have to pay the bills is by 10/29 and one of them is by 10/25.Also if I just pay them all and it posts to my credit as settlement paid will this really hurt my credit

I'll tell you what I've seen so far on this site: #1- Make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing...#2 - some people here have written settlement offers including that the Co. agrees to take the entry off of your credit.

Hopefully someone else will send you a form letter to take care of that.

I even have one right now that sent me a letter saying they would report "Satisfied in Full" and still have it as paid charge off. So you have to be very careful.

I've also heard that some counseling agencies mess you up even worse.

Disney,

I think you might want to draft couple of letters or even start making some phone calls to these companies since you have a time frame. If I were you I would talk to the right people at your creditors who can make decisions like account suspervisors. Tell them you will make payment in full of your accounts in exchange for the creditor reporting to the CRA's " paid in full or as agreed " . Get it in writing before you pay any of them a dime. Also I would not let them know that you have run into any money, tell them a sob story, ya know, like you have other creditors contacting you every other day wanting thier money but for whatever reason you are chossing to pay them in full if they agree to your agreement. I have used this trick a couple of times and it has worked for me.

I hope this helps.........................

I have a silly question. I have some debt $5,000 that I have settled down to the amount of $2,913 with the various companies. I just refinanced my home so I have enough to pay it all but I am wondering what is the best way to handle this. I was considering just paying them the settlement amount so that I can get this over with or contacting CCCS to see what they can do for me. I am wondering if anyone has any past experience in dealing with CCCS or should I just pay them. The deadline that I have to pay the bills is by 10/29 and one of them is by 10/25.Also if I just pay them all and it posts to my credit as settlement paid will this really hurt my credit

You can get a lot more done by yourself than relying on CCCS.

You can cut the deals that will benefit your credit report yourself.

Browse through the debt settlement forum. It is loaded with plenty of posts and threads of people who have successfully had debts settled and things removed from their credit reports.