PD OC is Threatening collection

rodeomom

I paid off a hosp. bill.

They have been trying to collect an additional 40.00 above what they told me full pay off was.

not yet in collections, but they are now threatening it.

check was marked paid in full w/ acct # and OC cashed it.

anything I can do to force them to stop?

or do I have to wait til goes to collection.

I am in Kansas

rodeomom

I would definitly pay the $40.00 to prevent collections and negative on your credit. I had a similiar problem happen to me. You can continue to fight the hospital for a refund or credit to your account but it will be a tougher battle to get the info removed from your report.

I don't know if she will confirm the conversaton or not.

The small town hosp. has a bad rep for screwing up their billings, etc.

The attorneys' office has even had problems with them not following procedure with them as well.

For instance, I paid off 2 acct. at same time with 2 different checks. (only one acct. was with the attorney & the one that was with the att. was not the acct. they screwed up on po.)

Both checks cleared my bank on 7-16-04, whcih was a friday. So, the hosp. posted it to my account before 7-16-04.

Attorney said they are supposed to notify attorney office each fri. am of pmts, po's etc.

well as of the late afternoon of July 30, the hosp. still had not informed the attorney's office that I had paid the acct. off.

I have a good relation with att. office. When hosp turned to collection on earlier acct., I had been making pmts all along. I called attr. office and told them this. offered proof, and she said no that was fine, she said I could continue making pmts, they would not do anything if I made pmts. She was told when she rec. the acct. that I had not been making pts. She did not act surprised to find I had been paying on this acct. when she was told I hadn't. Seems hosp. has history of this practice.

I am sending copy of cancelled check to hosp. and even to atto. office as a pre-emptory ? action.

I don't think this hosp reports to credit bureau, they were not on recent report I pulled and if they did it would have shown up.

I think I will see what happens when I send in copy of cancelled check and proceed from there.

what do ya thnk ?

rodeomom