credit card question

delighted4

credit card bill is still sent monthly, although they claimed it was charged off. How can I pay it and still keep it? Medical problems prevented me from timely payments, but past history was good. I want all neg TL deleted and put back in good standing. Am I dreaming or can this be done. Any letters to assist or advice will be appreciated.

Guest jeeptravel

Charged off doesn't mean you don't owe it anymore.

They can continue to ask for the money. Call them and make them an offer to pay pennies on the dollar in payements in exchange for: when the agreed upon balance is paid, they will remove the charge-off rating and restore "Pays as agreed."

If they won't work with you, then tell them you are recording the call as evidence and you request them to officially close your account as of today and stop billing you as you are attempting to take legal action which may or may not include filing BK against the debt. They may ignore you until you actually serve them BK papers (which you may not even be planning to do) but then agan, it just might get the to leave you alone for a while. Meanwhile, figure out what is your best course of action.

Good Luck.

JT