GC SERVICES...even my neighbors are fair game!!

saltydog

I find my self being hounded, annoyed and harrassed by GC Services. It is not even my account....but the account of a family member who has not resided here for 5 years or more. They have even gone as far as calling and annoying my neighbor on several occassions trying to obtain information and discussing the situation with her.

Is there a "third party" cease and desist letter that I can send these people? When you won't cooperate with them they become rude and obnoxious. I'm tired of having to deal with them. How do I get them to go away??

Violations, violations, they're wracking up plenty of them. Calling your neighbors for LOCATION information ONCE is permissable, after that it is NOT LEGAL. If they already HAD correct info on you, then their contacts with your neighbors were illegal from the get-go. Further, if its not your debt, they are really screwing themselves by discussing this person's debts with you !!

Send the C&D and file complaints with the FTC, your state Attorney General, and the AG the state where GCS is.

Debt collectors may only call your neighbors, family members 1 time. However an original credtior can harrass them non stop until your family or neighbors tell them to stop.

But remember.. you do NOT have to be the person who owes money to the CA to sue them.. the FDCPA doesnt say you have to be the debtor.. only the consumer...

Have fun!

Debt collectors may only call your neighbors, family members 1 time. However an original credtior can harrass them non stop until your family or neighbors tell them to stop.

But remember.. you do NOT have to be the person who owes money to the CA to sue them.. the FDCPA doesnt say you have to be the debtor.. only the consumer...

Have fun!

oh boy oh boy oh boy! It is Foley's collection department. Still considered a CA, correct?

but does a C&D do not call still work for the OC? And would it hold up in court?

i dont think so under tx law. it only states that they may not harrass, nothing about not calling if they know it is inconvenient.

§ 392.302. HARASSMENT; ABUSE. In debt collection, a

debt collector may not oppress, harass, or abuse a person by:

(1) using profane or obscene language or language

intended to abuse unreasonably the hearer or reader;

(2) placing telephone calls without disclosing the

name of the individual making the call and with the intent to annoy,

harass, or threaten a person at the called number;

(3) causing a person to incur a long distance

telephone toll, telegram fee, or other charge by a medium of

communication without first disclosing the name of the person

making the communication; or

(4) causing a telephone to ring repeatedly or

continuously, or making repeated or continuous telephone calls,

with the intent to harass a person at the called number.