National Arbitration Forum....here's how you deal with em'

Hey there gang, just thought I'd post a simple letter I sent to NAF for an account my girlfriend had with First USA in response to their ARBITRATION CLAIM FORM that they frequently send out to everyone. I know it has a way of scaring the crap out of everyone but realize this FORUM is pretty much BS. It is not a actual judgement or anything enforcable in court. Just an attempt to intimidate you. Here's a small timeline of events:

1. June 5, 2003...she recieves letter from Mann and Bracken, LLC collection firm out of Atlanta, GA titled (Arbitration Claim Form) Funny thing is it is made to look just like a real court document that an attorney would file in an actual lawsuit.

2. We fire off this letter sent via CMRR on June 16, 2003...this is all it says, by the way....we start it off the same way they do, very proper as if it was the answer to a lawsuit, just so they know we are ready to play their little game. Here it is....get ready......(sarcasm + drumroll please!!)

COMES NOW, RESPONDENT (YOUR NAME), BY SPECIAL APPEARANCE ONLY, CHALLENGING NATIONAL ARBITRATION FORUM'S PERSONAL JURISDICTION OVER THE RESPONDENT. NO EVIDENCE IS MARSHALLED SUBSTANTIATING SIGNED AGREEMENT BY THE RESPONDENT FOR SUCH ARBITRATION.

(YOUR NAME)

I guess you see where I was going with this ultra quick response, basically I was telling NAF that they have no jurisdiction in this matter and that they have no evidence of arbitration ever being agreed to. Apparently they agreed......

3. July 8, 2003: We recieve letter from National Arbitration Forum. Here is exactly what is says.

DEAR PARTIES;

THE CLAIMANT HAS REQUESTED THAT THE ABOVE CASE BE STAYED IN ACCORDANCE WITH RULE 9. D OF THE CODE.

AFTER REVIEW AND CONSIDERATION, WE HAVE GRANTED THE STAY REQUEST.

(Boy, NAF sure doesn't have much fight in them)

Anyway gang, as you can tell it isn't nearly as bad as you might think. This is all it took and we haven't heard a single peep out of Mann Bracken or National Arbitration Forum, or Bank One for that matter. Use my letter anytime they try to get you involved in their little "Kangaroo Court" Happy credit repairing my fellow credit crusaders!!

• 4 years later...

They aren't putting up much of a fight right now, because of the lawsuit brought against them by the Minnesota Attorney General. They will decide on no more consumer credit cases after July 24, 2009.

Read more about it here:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296630

This is great news for the consumer! :-)