paid some of judgment

well, i finally got a check for a good part of my judgment, but get this

they say in the letter here is a check for so much, plus $XX in cash. we could not send this CMRRR as the only address we had was a PO Box.

now, i know the CMRRR thing is crap, i have both sent to and received certified mail to PO Boxes, but the cash was not in the envelope!!! i dont think it ever was, the envelope is not damaged (BUT it does sport two, count em, two post marks, with 10 days difference between the dates)

any suggestions as to my next move?

exactly, they are still annoying me!

so, do i send another demand letter stating that there was no cash in the envelope, anyone can send certified mail to a po box and now i want my money PLUS interest?

also, for 'proof of payment' i mean basically they cant prove they paid it right? sure they can track the check, but you cant track cash.. and who the hell mails cash anyway? isnt there a big sign at the PO that says do NOT send cash thru the mail?

exactly, they are still annoying me!

so, do i send another demand letter stating that there was no cash in the envelope, anyone can send certified mail to a po box and now i want my money PLUS interest?

also, for 'proof of payment' i mean basically they cant prove they paid it right? sure they can track the check, but you cant track cash.. and who the hell mails cash anyway? isnt there a big sign at the PO that says do NOT send cash thru the mail?

Yep, send them a reciept for the check (minus the cash, you never got it) and tag on the interest.

Make DAMN sure it doesn't bounce before giving a reciept!

i basically told them in the last letter that i would accept the face value of the judgment if they paid within 10 days, but if i did not get the money i would be charging interest. their 10 days was up, but the envelope has two dates on it (PO stamped date) one would put it within the 10 days, the other puts it over.

which date do i go by? man, why is nothing ever simple?? :D

Well, you never know about the post office...they seldom do things the same way twice. There should be a notice stamped on the envelope that says something to the effect of "return to sender for postage", but, if the company you're playing with is a bulk mailer, and this letter was just included in a bundle, the post office would have caught it in their automatic machinery and just taken it back to the sender.

If the earlier postmark is under the stamp, or off to the side and not covering the stamp at all, then I bet that's what happened. If both post marks are on top of the stamp, then the other thing that might have happened is the mail man just carried it around in his bag and delivered it with the rest of the mail.

When we had our office, we used to leave outbound mail on the front desk for the mail man to pick up...he'd take them one day, put them in his bag, and return them to us the next day as though they were inbound.

well, im not going to be getting to the PO today, but very very interestingly, the 'debtor' just called me and left a message.

saying i sent you a check, dont know if you got it, please call to confirm... now why would they be calling NOW? if they posted 14 days ago.. as opposed to 4 days ago??

and i never gave them my phone number..