TL listed as "Disputed by Consumer"

myricksw

I sent out my first round of DV letters to 9 different places. 2 of them deleted the TLs immediatly :lol: . 2 of them sent proper validation :cry: . And 2 of them sent me letters with the OC info and an amount, and said that thay are going to list it as "disputed" to the CRA. I pulled my PG and they are listed as "Disputed by Consumer" I have disputed them as not mine with the CRA's. If the CRA's verify them, what is my next step. Thank you in advance for any advice.

The CRAs will do a "reasonable investigation." That is to say they will contact the furnisher of information and ask them if your name, address, previous address, and SSN match what is on the CRAs records. If three out of four are "close enough" then the CRA will determine that it is yours (verified).

Obviously this is hardly a reasonable investigation, so you will probably have to sue the CRA for not fully investigating (i.e. getting acopy of the instrument that created the debt and checking it over); or, sue the furnisher for not checking everything to make sure it is yours.