Robinsons May-Inquiries - OC's There should be a law!

chibuya

There should be more stringent laws regarding creditors. You wouldn't believe the problem I had with them over $200.00. I finally have the account paid off.. after they, purporting to be a lawer called my Human Resources Director and asked to speak to the CEO because "they were having problems with her assistant" (me) ... yes hard to believe!

Anyhow, seems they pulled 4 hard inquiries in one year. Are there any restrictions to this or recourse?

Although the FCRA and FDCPA may not have been violated here, you can still sue the OC for communicating with a 3rd party about the debt. Just sue for defamation of character and, if what they did was to intimidate you into paying, for extortion (under the Hobbs Act -- which can also lead to a RICO Act violation if shown to be habitual by the offender).

Would the 4 inquiries 1/03 2/03 3/03 7/03 be considered Permissable Purpose? The card was in default during those dates.

I would love to go after Robinsons for what they did, but I would prefer not to drag my company's HR director into this as I would most likely need to have her as a witness.