Experian dating my BK wrong??

parko03

Just looking at my EX report. MY last round of disputes included a prior Citi account that was IIB. All of the reports were reporting this a an open account and two of them said a bal. due. No response from EQ yet, TU updated and fixed, BUT.....

NOW, EX has it listed as IIB and it says....."Debt included in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 08/17/2004" :shock:

WTF!. :evil: I filed BK in '01.

Is this a problem as I assume it is?. How do I handle this one.? :?:

Arrrrggggh!. WHy cant these people PAY ATTENTION to what they are doing!!!!

Guest jeeptravel

* Check the "Public record" section of your report. You can dispute it with the CRA easily if the Public Record states the true date.

* If the Public record date is not true, you need your paperwork from the BK (Discharge paper should do-incl case#). Green card it to the CRA asap to get that cleared up. (DocPc tells me this is a bad idea because then they have your paperwork- So don't send in your BK papers, just dispute)

I would be upset if I had waited that long after a BK and then saw that misinfo. on my report. Good luck getting it straight.

jt

Guest jeeptravel

Thanks DOC. I must defer to Doc, he has given me a lot of my credit know-how (Hi Doc).

Nonetheless, you should put the burden on them to get it right however you do it.

Doc . . . any advice on how to clear this up?

jt

It is a HUGE issue with EX !! These IDIOTS update your status with the date of your last dispute !! This is blatantly WRONG and its a big issue with FICO. There's an enormous thread over on creditboards about this. A whole bunch of people did a letter-writing campaign on 10/15 complaining about this exact issue to the FTC, FICO, and a few other agencies.

You need to call EX and read them the riot act !

Thanks DOC. I must defer to Doc, he has given me a lot of my credit know-how (Hi Doc).

Nonetheless, you should put the burden on them to get it right however you do it.

Doc . . . any advice on how to clear this up?

jt

Hiya jeep!

Do as Lady says and call and give them holy hell!