Cease Communication

creditobsessed

My husband received a letter from a collection agency for a medical bill. I sent them (on his behalf) a letter to cease communication with him about this. Guess What? They didn't. 10 days after they rec'd the cc letter (sent CMRR) they sent a letter wanting payment within 10 days. This is obviously a violation. Now, this CA is not reporting on his CR, but another CA is reporting for the same bill. So, this CA must have recently aquired it. What should I send the new CA to inform them that I'm aware of their violation? The main thing I want to accomplish is for it not to be reported. I did not sent them a validation letter. Should I do that? Also, in Georgia what is the SOL on a medical bill? Is it an open ended account or a written contract?

Thanks for the help!

I'm not *positive*, but I'm pretty sure medical bills are considered open accounts. So check your state laws on the SOL.

And, yes....send them a DV letter. Just make note in there that they have already violated the FDCPA and list the actual section and law.

Just for future reference, don't send cold cease & desist letters right away. That leaves them little choice and usually use that as grounds to take you to court. Instead, send limited C&D letters....saying that you don't want any communication from them other than in writing and only if their communication contains validation.

You may want to do a search on HIPPA. I don't know anything about medical collections, but there are those on here that do. Use that to your advantage.

Good luck. :)