UnionPlus Card in the Way of my BK; PLS HELP!!!

Hi All,

I'm considering bankruptcy but have a legal question.

About a year ago, during the UnionPlus/Corvette/GM card craze, I applied for and rec'd the UnionPlus card, however I'm not in a union.

My question is: If I file bankruptcy will this come up? What are the possible consequences of lying about this? Will I be forced to pay this debt or are there possible harsher consequences?

Financially, a BK7 is my only option, but this particular 2K debt is holding me back.

ps. Coincidentally, I called the toll-free UnionPlus number as a potential customer, and the lady said she wasn't sure if I had to be a union member and proceeded to try and get me to apply.

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

The BK court nor the Trustee is going to investigate that account. There is NO reason for this one account to hold you back. They're not going to object unless you've been shopping at Tiffany's just before you file for BK.

You're not going to be forced to pay anything.. stop stressing about it and get it over with.

The BK court nor the Trustee is going to investigate that account. There is NO reason for this one account to hold you back. They're not going to object unless you've been shopping at Tiffany's just before you file for BK.

You're not going to be forced to pay anything.. stop stressing about it and get it over with.

Thanks for your quick reply LadynRed. I've read many of your posts on the board and find them very insightful. I guess my only hang-up is that I've read about how creditors can object to a debt being discharged on account of fraud. Is this likely/possible?

Like LadyNRed said, nobody is going to object to this debt because you were not a member of a union. Don't worry about that at all.

As with any bankruptcy, there may be some creditor that does come forth to object, but its highly unlikely unless you've done something downright outrageous, like charge a $10,000 ring two days before filing.

If you're at all concerned, talk your situation over with a couple of different BK attorneys...they'll usually give a free consultation to help you decide what's best.