Removing inquiries

nami

Thank you for your reply.

Am I supposed to write a letter to the CRA's(TU) or the creditors?

I read an old post that says I should include following information in the letter to the creditors.

1) The credit reporting agency;

2) Your name, as it appears on that CRA's report;

3) Your social security number;

4) The credit reporting agency file number;

5) The date of the inquiry;

6) The inquiry type and code.

What is 6) The inquiry type and code???? It's a hard inquiry,but I don't think TU has any code for that.

Also, should I include my DOB and signature?

nami: I've had success getting inquiries removed with EQ and EX just by disputing. Also, it depends on which rep you get at EQ and EX as to how successful you are in getting inquiries deleted. EX insists that even though the FCRA says that a hard inquiry is only to remain for 24 months, that they don't have to delete until the 25th month. Even though inquiries that are 24 months old aren't doing anything to bring down FICO, I still want them off at the 24-month mark and have had to fight with EX about this. TU is a real toughie with regard to inquiries. Their standard response is "we don't investigate inquiries as they are a statement of fact." Of course, that is nonsense, and is a violation of the FCRA (which states that they must investigate any inaccurate information on your report), but you would probably need to send them an intent-to-sue letter (and be prepared to follow it up with an actual suit) if they don't comply. Have you tried subscribing to PrivacyGuard (60-day free trial) and pulling your reports daily to see if you can get any bumpage of inquiries that way?

You can try contacting the creditor and asking that they remove the inquiry. However, if the inquiry is for a collection account it is very unlikely that the CA will willingly delete the inquiry. You also don't want to provide them with your SS #. If it is an inquiry from an OC with which you have a good relationship, they may consider deleting the inquiry. Doesn't hurt to try. Are you certain that these are all hard inquiries as opposed to soft inquiries?

If you dispute with the CRAs then yes, you need to supply all the information stated in your post. Once again, you can try with TU, and insert a sentence or two stating that according to the FCRA they must investigate inquiries, but expect the we-don't-investigate-inquiries response.

I see many of you are having trouble removing inquiries. I have a Credit Repair company and have found a easy way to have them removed from equifax and experian. All you need to do is call the CRA's and tell them you did not request the inquiries in question. i have been doing it this way now for about 8 months for my clients and have had about 95% sucess rate. Equifax is the easy one out of the two. if experian gives you a problem just tell them you feel they were done in fraud. if they still give you a problem just hang up and call back to get someone else on the phone. I promise it will work. You have to get to a live person for this to work. Thanks,

Danny

Welcome to the CIC, cprman. Yes, most of us are aware of using the "must have been fraud" technique for inquiries. However, that does not always work and sometimes it can lead to bigger problems, such as having a fraud alert placed on your file. For me personally, alleging fraud if you're certain there hasn't been any raises some concerns. If you'll read this entire board thoroughly you'll find that many of us have been at this a while and are educated in credit repair, as well as the FDCPA and FCRA. Most of us prefer to do our own credit repair (after all, who cares more about our credit?) without paying a service to do it for us. We then enjoy passing along what we've learned to the newbies who join us.

Cpr,

We don't allow solicitation of clients on this board. As such, I've taken the liberty of editing your post to remove the offending portion of the post (phone number and URL). Also, please check your PM's regarding the signature line, which also needs to be changed, but that I will provide you opportunity to personalize to something of your liking that's in line with board policies.

Thank you for the advice, breathing_easier.

Since you are saying that TU is the hardest one to remove inquiries,

I won't try disputing with them.

I haven't tried bumpage because I read in this forum that it may split your file.

They are hard inquiries,and I neither applied for a credit card or had a collection account with them.

When I write to the creditor, what type of information should I include in the letter?? I found the sample letter from here,but it seems like I should add more information like the TU file number,the date of the inquiry,etc..

or is it better to call them?