This is strange!

creditobsessed

Ok I signed up for the PG trial membership. I really like it so I thought I would sign hubby up. I did yesterday. I used all his info, and a different credit card signed him right up no problem. Only I can't get his credit reports!! Yesterday it kept saying duplicate order. Today it tells me they can't verify the SS#. I know he has file, not a very good file, but a file none the less. He has received copies by mail from the CRAs with no problem and I've bought them from the CRA websites before with no problem. I don't understand what's going on. Has anyone ever encountered this before??

I can never verify DHs reports. No idea why, just can't. PG said they were sending "privacy access code" via postal mail. So, I entered the wrong code, and it took me to a page with a #. He just called that number and got it fixed.

If you can find a number, have your DH call, and they should be able to get it fixed for him.

It's not that. I've had it happen on more than PG, and for things that I never signed myself up for. It's usually the darn security questions. I know they are right. He knows they are right. The info is double checked against an actual credit report when putting it in. It just doesn't clear, so he has to call and verify. I'm personally thinking it may be a fraud alert. I know with him, his ex was using his identity years ago, but he doesn't remember if he ever put an alert on it. Possibility though.

Thanks for all the replies.Although I hate for anyone else to have problems I'm glad it's not just me.

jeeptravel - I have not cleared my cookies but I'll give it a try. I never thought of it.

Also, I emailed them and they sent a number to call so I'll have him call in the am and see if we can't get it clear.

Thanks a bunch!

Stupid question: Have you cleared your cache and cookies?

I'm sorry if I ruffle some feathers here, but really jeep...while everyone may not be as smart as you seem to believe you are, at least the folks around here restrain themselves from attempting to belittle others. It's such a shame you can't offer even a simple suggestion without making it sting.

In defense of JT--I do not think that comment was meant to "sting" the OP.

I think the question was called a "stupid" question just because it is such an obvious thing? Something that the person had probably already done--so JT felt like he probably shouldn't even mention it.

Kind of like when the toaster doesn't work-and someone might say--is it plugged in?

I really don't think any offense was meant--sometimes people overlook the obvious things--

YeeOww! As I said, I didn't really mean to ruffle any feathers... :oops: It's just that jt's comment stuck me as soo smugly superior.

In my own defense...Had a really bad experience with a fellow while I was in college, who, within the first 10 minutes of a chess game, called me stupid after every move I made. Funny that the game had lasted as long as 10 minutes at that point if he was so smart. Not that I'm so great at chess, being that I've been beat within three moves and in less than a minute and a half, but I was in my third year at the Univ of Arkansas carrying a 3.8 ave. After explaining that fact to him, I helped him to wear the chess board. I was a lot more hot tempered back then and had no concept of self restraint. Still have problems with that, but I am getting better! JT, I most certainly and humbly apologize if I misinterpreted your comment.