CA Violation?

okayy

Today a CA called my house while I was at work. My six year old daughter answered the phone and said a lady called and ask for me and she told her I was at work. The caller then asked her (my daughter) for my work number. (my daughter didn't know the number)

Is this a violation since she asked my daughter for my work number? After that the CA called my cell number and left a message saying to contact her concering a personal matter so we can get this cleared up. She left her number and ext. I have no idea at this point which account it is.

I think your best bet is to read the FDCPA. The link is at the top of the page. Familiarize yourself with the basics of what a CA can and cannot do. It's a wealth of information to have.

To add - a CA cannot cost you money in their pursuit of a collection. Calling you on a cell phone is another no-no.