c m chase

My Case **I WON**

As far as the conference goes, I think this should be an advantage to you.

I have had 2 regarding 1 case and we are set to hear motions in April.

1st conf. judge chewed them out for not providing DV, told them to do it. Also told them not to add interest, they did.

2nd conf. they had provided some DV, not all, I filed motion to dismiss with predj cause they did what judge told them not to do.

they tried to make offer, I countered, they refused, judge set date to hear motions.

It was me and the judge in his office very informal, but then I am in a much smaller populated area than you are. other party was present by phone.

Good Luck to you, I was very intimidated and scared to death at 1st conf., but I didn't need to be. Wasn't like I was being crossed examined by Jack McCoy and Lennie was waiting to arrest me outside the courtroom

rodeomom

Thank you for the response, rodeo. :D

I'll find out soon when this conference is. I'm not as intimidated by the 'courtroom' as I was. I had to take a seat in there yesterday when filling out my request. It was just a little bigger than my family room with cheapo desks and chairs. Heh. Nothing at all like I see on tv. :lol:

I always appreciate everyone's support. We're gonna get the suckers together. :D

Wow, great case. This whole thread is like a story unfolding as the days pass. I must say that I am very excitied about what will happen next and find this not only to be enjoyable to read, but very informative as well. Ever thought about going into teaching? Anyway, I'm behind you 100% and pray that white collar scum like those lawyers pay for their crimes. :)

Picked up my info today.

I have a scheduling conference with ol' law firm on March 24th. I filed it and sent a copy to the Plaintiffs.

Maybe the judge will make them answer my counters now. :roll:

Funny - I noticed that already and actually emailed you about it. LOL!

Here's what's happening for the other folks who don't watch my case on the net... :lol:

I'm the one who scheduled this conference. I was there when the judge's secretary entered it on the computer. It was about 2 hours ago, actually.

Well, I get home and look it up on the court's website (because I can) and it says something like "Event: Scheduling conference 3/24/05 - by plaintiff - Mr. Idiot Man, defendant - CMChase"

Now....Mr. Idiot Man is NOT a lawyer on the case. He's not been working for the Plaintiff - he's not even an employee of the firm involved. This is the guy they hire out when anyone makes the firm actually do work (remember, they 100% work off of default or summary judgments - they DON'T litigate).

Now...if Mr. Idiot Man is taking the place of the other three lawyers assigned to the case, don't they have to file an entry of appearance? If I hired a lawyer, they would have to file an entry - I don't see why they don't. It's NOT one of their lawyers.

Second question: since this was only filed 2 hours ago, how did Mr. Idiot Man's name already get on the docket?? Is it so known that the lawfirm doesn't do their own work, the secretary automatically put it in there?? Is this normal?

I'm confused. xheadscratchx

Well, apparently this isn't too uncommon. What basically is going on (from what people have told me) is that I'm going to be better at litigation than the law firm is, so they hired this other guy to take over for them. (How scary is THAT?? A chick house painter...better at litigation than a law firm. HA)

This just tells you what kind of people I'm dealing with. :roll:

And, yes, in case anyone else is wondering, they DO have to file an entry of appearance. I have a feeling they WON'T do that because in other cases this pud has come into, I don't remember seeing that he filed an entry on those either. Of course, most people don't know to look for that.

So, if he doesn't file one before the scheduling conference, I'm gonna have a LOT of fun embarassing him in front of the judge when I call him out on it.

I'm gonna smile, bat my eyelashes, and be super sugar sweet. I can't wait.

Speaking of...I saw the judge again today. He was wearing his pretty dress....I mean....robe. He came out of the courtroom, made a heavy sigh, rolled his eyes, and smiled at me like 'god help me'. I take it his last case wasn't too fun. Heh. :lol:

You really need to stop being such a shrinking violet - let us know how you really feel... :wink: {I still like 'ms. bitchy hoho' better than 'mr. idiot man'}

Seems like judges aren't quite as grouchy as they used to be. Last time I was on jury duty, I told the judge that one of my potential fellow jury members was my old high school football coach, and it probably wouldn't be a problem - but I might ask her to make the coach run a few laps around the courthouse (hoping it might get me thrown out - it didn't. He got out of it & I didn't -RATS). After trial, she invited us to stay for a while - thought we were gonna have to do some sort of group hug or something...

Then again - wasn't it a Tulsa area judge that was removed from the bench because he was using some sort of sex toy in his courtroom?

I didn't know LBN didn't fight their own fights - what a bunch of wienies...

What do you know about the hired gun?

You really need to stop being such a shrinking violet - let us know how you really feel... :wink: {I still like 'ms. bitchy hoho' better than 'mr. idiot man'}

Hey....I do what I can to entertain the masses, man! I could say 'John Doe', but what fun would that be? :wink:8-)

Seems like judges aren't quite as grouchy as they used to be. Last time I was on jury duty, I told the judge that one of my potential fellow jury members was my old high school football coach, and it probably wouldn't be a problem - but I might ask her to make the coach run a few laps around the courthouse (hoping it might get me thrown out - it didn't. He got out of it & I didn't -RATS). After trial, she invited us to stay for a while - thought we were gonna have to do some sort of group hug or something...

He might have been a tad cheery yesterday, but I doubt my judge will offer anyone a group hug - or any kind of hug for that matter. He's still pretty scary and could take off my head with one swing of his claw. :shock:

Then again - wasn't it a Tulsa area judge that was removed from the bench because he was using some sort of sex toy in his courtroom?

Fortunately, no. That would be Sand Springs. Sure, it's only 20 miles away, but dammit...that's 20 miles I'm glad is between us.

I didn't know LBN didn't fight their own fights - what a bunch of wienies...

What do you know about the hired gun?

I don't know a thing about him...besides that he has his own firm in downtown Tulsa and does all kinds of random crap. BK, business law, criminal law, real estate...the list goes on and on.

So, either he's quite well-rounded or he's not very good at any of them. Heh. The way my little law firm chooses clients, I'd say he's probably about as crooked and dopey as they come. I guess I'll find out in about 29 days. :D:clapper:

We are never going to live that one down...... :shock:

RedDog in OKC

We are never going to live that one down...... :shock:

RedDog in OKC

:shock::shock::shock:

Not to stray from topic too much... but does anyone have a link to this? Sounds like a doozie of a story....

:shock::shock::shock:

A little update.

I got a letter from the Bar Association today. It's a copy of the letter they sent to the attorney.

Basically, "thank you for your response. Since this matter is in litigation right now, we will keep your response confidential. We have determined there will be no formal investigation at this time."

Whatever lies the attorney told the Bar, worked. :evil: They're dropping the case.

So I called the Bar and said "so what does this mean for ME?" The lady said "well, I dont really know...whatever the attorney told Ms. Thang must have satisfied the situation and there won't be an ivestigation now. But you can write another letter to her if you want."

:roll: Geez.

They WILL get another letter - but I'm gonna wait on that and see just how much other crap they do wrong. :twisted:

They WILL get another letter - but I'm gonna wait on that and see just how much other crap they do wrong. :twisted:

Hang in there! Sometimes it requires a sainthood's worth of patience to make the kill. ( :lol: How twisted does that sound?)

did they get the investigation dropped because they pulled out of your case?

Oh, no way....these folks aren't getting out that easily. :twisted: Their claim is for $3000. My counterclaim is for $65,000 and I have another $10,000 in the wings that either I'd forgotten to add before or came up after the filing. Nope...they won't dismiss this baby.

The Bar dropped their investigation because, apparently, the lawyer told them some big fat lie about god-knows-what. Guess I'll never find that part out. :roll: But we'll make sure they get another complaint at the end of this whole thing (or in the middle, depending on how much more they violate).

Hang in there! Sometimes it requires a sainthood's worth of patience to make the kill. ( How twisted does that sound?)

Exactly right. They'll violate again and I'll be waiting. Why? Because they don't know the FDCPA and they don't care. They're too arrogant to realize that I have them by the nards. :twisted:

After the case is finalized and you have a judgement, make sure to include that with your next complaint. :D

If these guys are doing this to many people, as it sounds they are, has anyone thought of a class action suit? One person may not really get an attorney's attention but if there are many you may have a good case.

If these guys are doing this to many people, as it sounds they are, has anyone thought of a class action suit? One person may not really get an attorney's attention but if there are many you may have a good case.

It's been talked about a little bit, yes. It keeps sitting there in the back of my mind waiting for me to do something about it. I think since I'm this far into it already, I'll wait until my part is over and then start working on it for others.

Even after I get their money, they aren't hearing the last of me. :twisted:

Update.

I knew the day would come, but I thought it would be a month or two down the line.

I got a letter from ol' attorney asking me for a mutual dismissal. :shock: All I can do is laugh with joy. Because, you know what? That means, no matter what, I WON.

If I take the dismissal, I'd make sure it covered them taking it off my report and never collecting on it again. Win. If I don't take the dismissal and go to trial, I'll beat their asses (as they obviously know). Win.

Now the new situation. What do I do about this?? I'm not going to take a straight-forward dismissal. Screw that. 1) They would get away with breaking something like 30 laws 2) the dismissal is an EASY way out for them and 3) they would run me over with trying to collect on a default judgment they got on me years ago.

The big thing here is that they would get away with it AGAIN. I'm sick of seeing that from this company. I want them to actually have to pay for what they've done. Keep in mind...I really DO NOT care about money. If I got nothing but injunctive relief, I'd be happy. I'm not out for mulah...I'm out for the little guy that they continually plow down.

Another thing to keep in mind...I have about 10 other violations they don't know about. How can I play this into my case? It's great leverage, I tell ya...but I need to use it RIGHT.

I don't know what to do. My poor gf is like "TAKE THE DISMISSAL!!" It isn't that easy. They'd win that way.

Give me a push, people. I have a SOLID case. They've broken soooooooo many laws and do so every single day. I can't just give up.

Someone give me words of advice.

I would counter with a settlement offer for half the claimed amount in the suit. If you don't try to make some agreement with them, then they could use that as bad faith in front of the judge. Just be blunt and tell them that they should not expect to get a free walk after all the damage they have done.