How 'bout this one?

mgollad

Hello Everyone,

So....Check this out.

I had a mailed Experian report (10/4)-It has one collection on it that I have started the DV process on.

Tonight I used their 30 day free trial to see my report online and what do I find-ANOTHER collection from way back in '02! Why wasn't this on my first report? I think it is weird.............. Dropped my score 30 points (PLUS SCORE?). :x

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Melissa

Did you opt-out? Maybe something in your disputing triggered an update that brought out the wolves monitoring your reporting. My understanding is that CRA subscribers can buy reports of consumers who have certain activity with their reports as an indication that they may be looking for a mortgage or other credit, then use that to throw collections on those reports as leverage.

Why I did just Opt-Out!

And the more I remember my fuzzy financial hx I could SWEAR I paid this collection off prior to buying my house! (3 years ago!).

I do not have any records of such a thing................So they are re-reporting something that has been PAID off many years ago and I think they redated it too.

Peace Out,

Melissa