Credit items reappearing under different accounts

First of all, thanks for all the great help! A few months ago i disputed some items on my report that I thought weren't mine. Apparently the CRA's agreed with me, because they removed them. Now however they have reappeared under different CA names even though I have heard nothing about them?? Can anyone shed some light on what is going on and what I should do at this point.

Sure.

Whatever company it was that was on your report before....well, they either returned the debt to the original owner, assigned it to a new company or they sold it to a new company. This company is now listing on your credit reports and will try to collect.

As soon as the new company contacts you, send out DV letter. Keep everything you get from everyone concerning any of these debts - it will all help you in the future.

I"ll go one step further and say, send the DV letter now to block them from even starting. Start the letter of with "it has come to my attention from the CRAs that you claim I owe a debt to you...."

I say that because I went through that situation, waited for ca to contact me but never did and ofcourse got no responses to my DV letters either.

If it is a company like sherman, on the last cease and desist make sure you add that it applies to all it's affiliates. If not, they will pass the account around, popping on your CR under a different name each time. Hate that! :evil:

Like cm chase said, keep all doumentations!!!!

Make sure you mention that the alleged debt has passed SOL and YOU know this! in the DV letter to them. Dispute with the CRAs as not mine. If it is over 7 years old, you should have no trouble getting it off your CR.

If it should come back from the CRAs as validated, hit them with account re-aging!