CC Scam Alert!!

About 7 weeks ago, I filled out a form online for a cc to help build back credit for people with messed up credit. They called a few days afterward and talked to my wife while I was at work and told het that I was approved for this cc. She asked them all the right ?s about late charges, interest charges cerdit limit of $3000 to start...ect. She then called me and told me about it and we agreed to pay them the $250 for all the fees that came with getting this card (I know, I know...) They told her that we would get this card within 30 days in the mail.

Ok, so we wait.. and wait. 4.5 weeks passed and we get a package in the mail yesterday from these people. It was a letter stateing that the card has been ORDERED and we should get it in 6 weeks! NO CC!

TODAY, my wife calles and asks them what the flip is this and where is our card. They told her that the ATM card (Not CC) is what we signed up and agreed to pay for! B***S***! My wife told them to go fly a kite and to refund our money. They refused saying it was nonrefundable. She calls me and informes me of this so I call them. They hung up on me after I told them who I was.

I then called my bank and informed them of this problem and they are going to try to do a stop payment on the money and return it. If that does not work than my only other option will be to sue them.

The cc companie's name is,

Centurion Financial Benifits

33 Elm st.

Champlain, NY. 12919

1-866-784-0260

I hope everyone else steers clear of these people.

Not sure what else you can do. Posted this link for other people's benefit. Sorry that this happened to you.

Rule of thumb: If solicited for a credit card, ask for all info in writing and a website address for further information.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=Centurian+Financial&Search=Search

I files a complaint with ripoff report. Did some reading through the first 2 pages of the search results for the company and found out that they are in Canada. The NY address is just a forward address here in the states. Also found out that the Canadian government is already investigateing them. Not much else I can do.

I found a person that is starting a class action suit against that company with his lawyer. I gonna get in on that! He said that he is going to contact all persons that posted a rant on ripoff report and ask if they will join up and stomp em in the ground.

I don't think we, here in the states can do anything as long as they are in canada. But they will try. Those kind of people just have to be stopped.

I hope the canadians turn them over to us! :twisted:

Yea Doc. The address 33 Elm st. is bogus. It is just a box in NY that they use to forward mail to U.S. residents to cover their actual address.

Yea Doc. The address 33 Elm st. is bogus. It is just a box in NY that they use to forward mail to U.S. residents to cover their actual address.

O.k. then. The NY Attorney General and the FTC need to be made aware that they are using that address as a drop to scam U.S. citizens.

It's my opinion that NY lacks in the consumer protection department. Maybe this will light a fire under their butts.....

It has already been brought to their attention. The downfall is that they have to go through the canadian government to get em. I'm not sure about just how cooperative they are in this matter.

I did read that the canadian government has an investigation going. It's going to take quite some time to get them in court because they claim to have us on recording accepting the offer and authorizing them to take this money from our account. BUT, what they didn't record was the sales pitch to get us to authorize them. They just recorded the last part of our conversations saying "yes.....that is correct.....yes".

I am going to try and set them up to call a friend of mine and sell him one of those cards and have him record the entire conversation. Then send that recording to the FTC as proof.

Congrats to you on the strong move to get even! xbeer2)

I had these problems when I first started out! Frustrating! :evil:

I fell for the "USA PLATINUM" scam! I can say that if you have to pay it isn't usually worth it. The only one I paid for was http://www.fnbmarin.com/ where I had to pay a set up fee. They held thier end of the bargin and reported correctly. They weren't a scam.

I also used http://www.unionplus.org/benefits/money/card.cfm to get a secured card and they were great too!

Good luck!

Edubb