More chod results...

miracle

Well I got a letter back from TU that says they don't investigate inquiries... and they didn't investigate any of the other things I was disupting. :roll: Figures. Oh well... I will continue to proceed with that one.

Got results back form Experian. Some phone numbers were deleted but I disputed a TL and said in the letter "Direct merchants bank acct 12345...." and the reason for dispute. They wrote back and said that inquiries were a matter of fact and they couldn't identify Direct Merchants bank acct# 5567899. I went back and checked my letter to make sure I was referencing it the same way they were. Sure enough. I disputed it correctly... they just have a person that can't read numbers. :roll: MORONS! :roll: I don't know where I am even going to jump in on this one....

But I thought I would report my results thus far nonetheless....

According to FindLaw, "matter of fact" means "a matter primarily involving proof or evidence rather than a question of law". What exactly does that have to do with asking for and investigation of the validity of an inquiry?

They couldn't see Direct Merchant's when they pulled up your report?

I'm just trying to figure out what they mean by inquiries are "a matter primarily involving proof or evidence"... what prevents them from using that argument for account history information reported by your creditors?

An inquiry involves proof or evidence, but the disputable information reported in the tradeline isn't? I think that's a weak argument on their part.

Anyone else? Opinions?

I got that same letter from Experian, so I sent them a lettter stating that under the FCRA they had to investigate ANY information that I disputed with no exception for inquiries. Since there 30 days to investigate had passed , I demanded that they delete these immediately before legal action was necessary. They did delete.

Same here. EX refused to investigate my inquiries, stating the same B.S.

I will try your method mnorwood and see what happens.

EQ sent me a letter saying "inquiries are a factual record of file acess. Should you have a reason to beleive this inquiry was unauthorized, please contact the creditor directly and follow theie internal fraud procedures."

BUT, they still deleted all the inquires I disputed, no complains from me :D

They refuse to remove"consumer disputes this saccount information" what gives? Are they not the ones who make such statements?

TU sent me a letter about not removing inquiries. CSC sent me a letter requesting ID info. TU sent DH a letter telling him how long items remain. CSC has been investigating and updating/deleting for both of us. TU and EQ we have gotten no changes from so far. We've still got another week before the finale'. Don't have a clue where TU came up with in response to your inquiry, items remain for 7 years. HUH? There was no inquiry.