I am so pissed right now! grrrrrrrrrrrr

mzjazzyazz

Today, I check my EX report. There were 2 NEW collection accounts from American Agencies for SBC. On the 2nd of the month I mailed $287 to Money Control (CA) and to RMA ($100) for those accounts. I didnt learn until I called to verify they received my money orders that SBC took the accounts back. Money Control said they would forward the money order to SBC and RMA said they would send the money order back.

Well in the mean time, American Agencies now has both of the accounts and claim I owe them $401 for the bill of $287, and $138 for the bill of $98 bucks.

I tried to contact SBC and they have me no where in their records. They said since the CA is handling these accounts, that the accounts are no longer in their system.

I am so mad I could scream. I really didnt need any new collection accounts on my report. What should I do?

ok, I called SBC back and come to try and find out some more information. Come to find out that I called the wrong district and they didnt have any information for Cali accounts. I got transferred to the right person and she told me that American Associates only has one of the accounts for $98. And to dispute it with the CRA.

So I called Ms. Lyin Azz at American and she told me that their office still has the accounts BUT if I wanted to deal with SBC directly than I could. hmmmmmmmm. thats interesting. A couple of hours ago she was insisting that I owe their company all this money, but now, I can deal with SBC directly. WHATEVER!

So she said as soon as SBC recalls the accounts from their office they can delete it from the CRA.

Meldisha, did you receive any written communications from any of these CA's telling you they are reporting negative information to your CR's? If not, you have them in violation of CCC 1785.26(B). In the State of California, anyone who reports negative information to any CRA, must notify the consumer, in writing, within 30 days, before or after they report this information. Check your CR's and note month and year they reported. You want to make sure that at least 35 days has passed before you nail them. Since the CRA's only use month and year, you can use the date on your CR to prove their reporting time. If you are leery, wait until the following month, such as, they say 12/04, you file in 2/05. When you do send the letter informing them , be sure and include that in the State of California, the OC is liable for the actions of their assignee.

Also, go to the Credit Repair section and click on the sticky titled "The Law in Calif". Be sure and click on the reference in the second post. It takes you to the summary written by this state and it is how they interpret the Federal Law. Then read, read, read, and read some more. This state is consumer friendly and has more protection than most realize. Next, you need to go the the site that shows all of the laws in this state. You will want to go to California Civil Code 1788 to read the State laws. This will definitely give you some insight as to your rights in this state.