File your complaints against NCO

DocDon

Just had to share this, but first some background. Sent NCO a DV letter for two utility accounts back on November 7th. Received a letter today that was dated 6 December. Return address on envelope is different from that of the the letterhead.

Here it is:

Dear Andy,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above-referenced account. Please be advised that the above-referenced account is closed in our office. Further inquiry regarding the underlying debt may be directed to XXXXX.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus with which we do business with our request to delete our listing of the above-referenced account from your credit profile; however, because your social security number was not included in your letter, we will be uncertain as to whether our request will be accurately processed by the agencies notified. Should you have any information that will assist us further, please contact the undersigned.

What a crock!!! :) They certainly didn't have any problem finding my SS # when they reported their BS on my reports!!

Thanks for the info, Doc. The references here match the alleged owners of the account they are attempting on my Niece. See my post from a couple of weeks ago. I just sent the letter 2 days ago asking for proof. It was a polite, but, cordial letter. No, I did not go through the normal process of composing a DV. I just let them know they have the wrong person. I'm hoping they screw up so I can really have some fun. One of them is that they have reported this already as I really enjoy nailing CA's on this one. Good OL' CCC 1785.26(B). There are so many of them who think they are above State law, so do not investigate the laws to see if they must comply to anything other than Federal. You would think their legal counsel would advise them to check everything before they step in something.