Validation

billie

Hi everyone. I just wanted to Thank you all for helping me in the past.

I have a question. I sent out a DV letter to a collection company. One that has a huge forum here.

Anyway they sent me a letter stating they have complied with the law of validation. They sent me a computer print out from the original creditor. Now the bill says I owe $2,500.00 and the junk debt buyer is trying to collect over $6,000.00.

My question is, Is the computer print out of a bill, validation of the debt?

And if it is where do I go now. Thanks again everyone.

Send them back a letter telling them that what they have sent is not validation. any person could have made that up and printed it out.

You tell them you want a FULL And Comeplete accounting history from the opening of the account until it closed, you want something that shows your signature and that you agreed to the account.

Also ask for all those cool things we ask for in the first DV letter...

Dont let them tell you that is validation.. it is FAR from it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump! I also need a follow up letter, I sent the first validation letter and got back the green card(showing they got it) then later they sent a printout of the past years charges which is NOT validation. Does anyone have a follow up form letter? It has been over 30 days so I need to get one off to the CA pretty soon. Also, do I dispute the listing with the credit agencies now or wait until after I send the follow up?